September 30, 2011

Friday Fifteen Great Things This Week

This week arthritis-wise has been especially trying. Which means it's time to focus on the great things that happened this week.
  1. I dropped my camera yesterday (blasted arthritic hands!) and I heard an awful shattering noise. (This is not the good thing) After my heart got down to only double its normal speed, I realized it was only the UV lens, and not the real lens or camera body that broke into a gazillion pieces. Whew! That could have been tragic. It made me thankful all over again for my camera, though.
  2. C-man is having a good friend stay over night tonight, and he's sooo excited, it's contagious.
  3. While I love, Love, LOVE the ballet, nobody in my house will ever go with me. So I have now successfully adopted 2 girls (daughters of our good friends) for girlie events. And we now have excellent seats for us to go see the Moscow Ballet's rendition of the Nutcracker on December 1st. (I'm TOTALLY taking them for tea and sunshine cake next!)
  4. C-man picked the first of this season's apples from our tree yesterday and took it to school for snack. He then declared it the sweetest apple he'd ever tasted.
  5. Our friends keep telling us how great the party was last weekend. I know I shouldn't need to hear it, but it was so much darned work, it really is gratifying that it went so well.
  6. C-man got to happily wear his Brewers shirt to school today. Which meant he HAD to wear his Hart jersey. I love that he loves the guy nobody else likes much.
  7. Brewers fever has totally hit this city. I love when any Wisconsin sports do well, but get kind of annoyed when the news and papers cover nothing but the Packers starting in August, which should be the heat of the baseball season. This year, they are delaying the news coverage to cover the Brewers. I love it.
  8. Watching the Red Sox implode was kind of beautiful.
  9. Somehow, corn got planted in our garden. I can only assume it's from the birds or squirrels. But we have 6 ears of, what is most likely, field corn growing. It just makes me laugh to watch each day.
  10. Harry has invited himself to sleep in bed next to me this week. Sort of like, hey, that guy's gone, so don't mind me, I'll just be right over here. Total aside - that dog never stops running in his sleep.
  11. I got a haircut. I really love getting my hair cut.
  12. China canceled its annual Dog Meat Festival this week. Something that I feel was a pretty solid decision.
  13. It's stopped raining.
  14. Beerman will be home soon.
  15. I made it to Friday.

1 comment:

Mary Z said...

Hooray for a UV lens - doing what it’s supposed to do! Sorry you’ve had such a crappy week.

I mailed the sketch this morning, rolled up in a mailing tube, first class - should be there tomorrow or Monday. John’s aunt lives or has lived in Grafton and Cedarburg, WI. She’s in a retirement complex now.