September 26, 2011

In front of the glass: Take 1

A few blogs I read are doing a self-portrait challenge. 50 of them, to be exact. Because the theory is when you take the photos, you're rarely in them. Plus, it's hard to think of how to photograph yourself 50 times and resist the wrinkle remove option on PhotoShop. (I'm still looking for the double-chin remover.) To be honest, I set the camera up and snapped this one in my kitchen with almost zero thought. It was kind of a bite the bullet, take a deep breath and just do it moment. Neck wrinkles, tired eyes, and all. So while I know it's not a fantastic shot, it's a start. Hopefully I can get more creative and inspired as I go along. After all, only 49 more to go.

5 comments:

Lindy said...

Jennifer, you've done a fabulous job and the lighting is perfect! I could easily see this being further enhanced as an oil painting. You (and your portrait) are strikingly beautiful!

Mary Z said...

You are one gorgeous young woman! And a terrific photographer. I'd love to paint that photo sometime.

Bev Sykes said...

I took a self portrait a day for 2-1/2 years. It's amazing how creative you can become.

None of mine, however, were nearly as professional looking as this one.

Kim said...

I absolutely LOVE this picture!

jon said...

I like it. You do an awesome self portrait?