September 6, 2011

Fluttering on

If there were a Best Mother Award, I would not be getting it lately. Poor C-man. Hell, poor everyone near me. On a normal day, I might not be the easiest person to deal with. But on these drugs, I'm feeling sort of crazy. Lethargic, stiff, annoyed, and unable to come up with words as basic as "fork". Thankfully, everything around me continues to press on after a long weekend of house stuff and friend dinners. We're back at work, leaving while Harry was settling into his favorite pillow, and C-man was positively hopping on to the bus because it's math book day!

The "Yes" responses to Fall Fest continue to come in, Rio the movie is purchased, and Beerman's Angry Birds catapult is now officially built. I ordered the balls for the smashing action, but have to figure out what the pigs are going to be yet. We spray painted foam eggs gold for those. I have to figure out how to give prizes for the golden eggs yet. The craft is going to be creating the Rio monkeys on foam visors. We sure do put a lot of work into this party. But if it's anything like last year's, it'll totally be worth it.

Well, here's to being back to work, waking up before the sun, and not getting a day off until Thanksgiving!

No comments: