September 8, 2011

Thursday Thirteen random bullets again


  1. I've been watching Mad Men on Netflix. I am into Season 2 and still can't decide if I like or hate the show. It's good for late night watching when I can't sleep, at least, since that's been the case a lot lately.
  2. James Moore said, "If Perry and Bush had been born in the same family, W would have become known as "the smart one". That's some scary shit right there.
  3. Eating almost gluten-free is getting a lot easier. I'm starting to crave fewer sweets, too, which is nice. Now if the pounds would melt away, life would be almost perfect.
  4. Everyone has responded with a "Yes" to this year's Fall Fest, which is fabulous. We're going to have a big crowd. Let's pray for good weather!
  5. I need to find some patience. C-man has been acting a little crazy, and not in a good way. A friend sent me this article. It gave me some really good perspective. Let's hope this is truly a September thing, and it'll settle back down soon, because I really miss my sweet kid.
  6. Although he hasn't really been getting in trouble at school. Except for that day when he got a warning for blurting out the math answers. When I asked why, he said, "Because it was so easy!" This cannot be my kid.
  7. I haven't gotten a massage in ages, and they just accrue if I don't use them up monthly, so it's dumb not to go. I figured since my pinkies have been going numb lately, I should probably get one. So I am getting one today. I can't wait.
  8. I've been seeing a lot of green or red or purple pants with elastic or tight ankles being worn. People, I lived 1992 once. I don't think I can bear to go back.
  9. Although the way my skin looks right now, I could be 16 again. I think I've been drooling a lot in my sleep because of Fall allergies. Gross.
  10. The rain gutter regatta is this weekend. I think I am going to have a Cub Scout. That means we'll go to Indian Mound Scout Camp. I used to be the director there for a few years. That'd be something.
  11. Next weekend we have First Stage tickets to see Seussical. We love going so much, and I'm really thrilled with this year's line-up.
  12. If I went back to Japan, I would definitely go see a baseball game. We tried to go while we were in Tokyo, but neither team was in town. A true regret I'll have to rectify someday.
  13. I've really been striking out with books this year. They've been predictable or so boring I can't finish them. I need to find a good read.

1 comment:

Kwizgiver said...

Aw, sorry you've had such rotten luck with books. I feel like I've been on a roll with my books. What have you been reading? Do you link on your blog?