February 25, 2012

Circus Life

C-man had been begging us to go to a circus. And I realized that one was in town this weekend, and we didn't have any other plans, so I went online and got the tickets. We saw Pennywise the clown (sorry for that reference for my non Stephen King fans out there) and the elephant. (I couldn't help but think of Rosie the whole time)
We saw women who twirled by their hair.
We saw more clowns. (And yes, I read It in 6th grade. Shudder.)
We saw jugglers of rings, balls, big hoops and fire.
There was a tiger tamer.
We saw the crazy motorcycle stunts a la America's Got Talent.
 And the grand finale of a guy who was shot out of a canon.
But C-man's favorite? The kids who danced with boxes on their heads. Seriously. I could have saved the $200 in tickets, snow cones, pizza, cotton candy and popcorn and put a cardboard box on my head. I don't know whether I should be highly annoyed or amused.
Regardless, I do know I've fulfilled my circus quota for a while. And that, I feel good about.

2 comments:

Mary Z said...

Glad you got that one under your belt. It sounds like the 2-year old who opens the expensive present, but wants to play with the box. Oh, well.....

jon said...

I was not afraid of clowns until today. Look at those guys. I would not like to meet them in a dark alley.

They are unshaven, dressed shabbily, red noses(obvious sign of overconsumption of alcohol) in need of a haircut, ill fitting shoes.
Obviously these guys are from a homeless shelter or skid row.