February 2, 2012

Thursday Thirteen Thingies

  1. I decided to be done with acupuncture. I'd given my twice weekly for 3 months commitment and returned with zero results. So they switched up the routine and are giving me 3 weeks for free. Who am I to turn down free?
  2. I'm pretty sure I'll be done with acupuncture in 3 more weeks.
  3. The chiropractor is the only one who makes me feel good. I just need to have a standing date with that guy.
  4. It's groundhog's day. The day when a rodent determines whether we'll have 6 more weeks of winter. But I want to know which rodent is going to explain the last 6 weeks of mostly non-winter!
  5. I've been faithfully running to Being Human each Monday. I could easily stream it the next day, but this way is better. I need to find another show on Wednesday or Thursday to get me to do it a second time each week.
  6. Harry had his annual checkup on Monday. He is showing no signs of a heart murmur (he has a hole in his heart and we were told he wouldn't make it past 5 when we got him), no cataracts, and zero health issues. Apparently lots of love, a regular second dinner, daily walks, and many naps is the secret to success.
  7. I've been working on C-man's Valentines. Nobody else is as thrilled about them as me. Figures.
  8. We got invited to three parties on Sunday. I feel obligated to attend one because it's the Superbowl, but I really don't care about any of it. At least it'll be fun with some good friends.
  9. I'm on the road again next week to the blight on the earth that is Orlando. I'm hoping for good sunshine during the breaks, at least.
  10. Today is dress up and grandparents day at school. C-man was so excited to have ice cream with his Nana. He was also excited to wear a sweater I'd knit for him. I was just happy it still fit.
  11. Because the shoes I bought for him to go to the Christmas concert in December don't fit anymore. Oy!
  12. I volunteered to start and run a plant sale fundraiser for the school. I have the wholesale prices, but am at a loss for how much to sell them for retail + fundraiser. Any idea what a flat of annuals goes for? I really should have paid more attention when I bought them last year.
  13. I really don't want to do another school fundraiser, but it officially gets me out of the rummage sale business. And if I can make another grand or so for the school, it's worth it.

1 comment:

Kim said...

I think it's so awesome that you are out there running (inside running.... same thing). Maybe this year I'LL take YOUR picture running the marathon. ;)

What is Being Human about? I'm going to have to see if I can put it on Hulu.