February 25, 2012

Miracles do happen

C-man got his hair cut with my stylist yesterday. It's still long and shaggy like he wants, but it's not in his eyes and looks like he has a decent hair cut like I want. He was upset when we got to the salon and there were no other "dudes" there. But then one showed up, and he got to get his hair washed and head massaged, and then everything was cool. "Mom, my hair is so soft, I feel like Harry!"

I had my physical this week. I was overdue, plus my work gives me a $300 check to do a wellness physical before March 1. While there, my doctor very firmly told me I need to do some major weight training to combat this arthritis and arthritis treatment nonsense. Something I knew intuitively before but didn't understand quite how important it was until she showed me some pretty major recent studies. So much for any remaining excuses on that front.

We're heading to the circus tonight. I haven't been to a circus in years and years. I remember my first one vividly. I was C-man's age, and my Mom and I went to Green Bay with the Brownies. I don't remember liking it very much. Since then, I think the only other traditional non-Cirque du Soleil circuses I've seen were at the Circus World Museum in Baraboo. We'll see how this one goes. If nothing else, we can check it off the list as something he's done.

Off to get Harry to the park before he dies of exasperation at his lazy owners.

No comments: