July 11, 2012

Slipping away

The summer seems to move so quickly after the 4th of July. What felt like lazy days of summer now seems like a roller coaster ride down the giant hill. There are only 2 1/2 more weeks of C-man's regularly scheduled summer camp left before he goes into his second camp option. (Can I just say HOLY COW! and OUCH! The Jewish kids' camp is expensive stuff!) Back to school stuff is showing up in the stores, and we just got our host family assignment for school. So I've found my re-determination to enjoy every ounce this incredibly hot, dry summer has to offer.

More pools! More beaches! More books! More ice cream! More days off! MORE SUMMER!

1 comment:

l'empress said...

Sixty years ago the Jewish day camps were so expensive that my parents sent my brother but not me. (I could always amuse myself by reading.)

I don't know why it has to be that way, but being Jewish is not for the shallow of pocket.