July 6, 2012

Yankee Blue

My child finally consented to getting his hair trimmed and the appointment was last night. So while he is still shaggy, he no longer has hair in his eyes.

The arthritic flare that has been crippling me for about 10 days is starting to move on. I actually slept a 4 hour stretch last night and may be able to wear my rings by tomorrow. Progress!

I'm wearing red jeans today. I've gotten compliments on them, but I can't get past the feeling that I look like a giant tomato.

Tonight is the championship game of Yankees v D'Backs. It is going to be a big, hot, sweaty eye-black streaking down the face moment in the lives of twelve 6, 7, and 8 year old little boys. And their parents. But win or lose, there are trophies and a party afterward, so it should be a really great night. All I need is a final photo of the winning team and my team video will be done.

I never got this nervous at my own sporting events. I think when you're in control of your own destiny, it's a whole lot less nerve-wracking.

Anyhow, wherever you are, put on your Yankee blue, sacrifice your chickens to Jobu, and give a collective prayer that the baseball gods are wearing Yankee blue tonight.

1 comment:

l'empress said...

He probably wouldn't want to hear it, but that is one handsome kid!