July 24, 2012

Yaawn


Mondays are the days C-man goes home with friends straight from camp. Yesterday was Monday. At 5:30, I called the friend to ask where they were and what time I should get C-man. At 6, there was a knock on my door. It was said friend telling me he'd forgotten C-man, and he was still at camp.

30 minutes after it had closed.

So I frantically sped there and frenetically tried each locked door until I got to a service door that was open to find him in the office. Safe and sound, but 30 minutes late. I was so upset my baby was left, but I guess there has to be something for him to tell the therapist later in life.

I couldn't sleep last night, as I kept waking up with the dread that I'd left C-man somewhere. Guess who is getting picked up early tonight!

1 comment:

l'empress said...

Part of the "fun and games" of carpooling is finding out who the liars are. The ones who "forget" that they promised. Oh, I'm so glad I'm not young any more!