November 21, 2012

Almost Thanksgivingly


  • Vacation has officially started. 5 whole days of few obligations. How sweet it is.
  • I made the Thanksgiving cranberries today. It is my only job for the day. Kind of a sham since they are so easy and nobody eats the damn things. But they're pretty, at least.
  • People are talking Christmas, putting up trees, and doing the whole bit. I am not feeling it at all. I don't know if it is too early, if the warm weather is throwing me, if the arthritis stuff has me off kilter, or what. But it doesn't feel like it is time quite yet. Maybe after Thanksgiving is over I will be better. I sure hope so, because there is a lot to be done!
  • I got a facial this morning. It had been so long, and my face was really showing it. I feel so much better, even if I am still too wrinkly for my age.
  • Last year, on my way to Japan, I started knitting a sweater. I am still not done with that sucker. I wore a sweater I knitted to work yesterday and was getting stopped by people I don't know to tell me how great it is. It inspired me to commit to finishing it by the of the year. All that car time ahead of us shouldn't hurt that either, so I think it is doable.
  • Being on Weight Watchers this time of year is a really good thing. Thanksgiving is rarely an issue, because I never liked Thanksgiving food, but all the Christmas sweets are killer. Keeping track of the intake may just be what gets me through this next month at an even pace.
  • The gash on my abdomen from the mole removal is almost healed, so I should be able to get in the pool again shortly. It is always a great weekend activity with C-man and feels good on the joints.
  • C-man's parent-teacher conferences were great. The teachers all commented on his hair with a smirk, though. Go figure. His classroom teacher informed us her son went through a part of high school with green hair, so was understanding of our plight.
  • We did learn that we are supposed to make a big deal out of his first reconciliation day next Saturday. Oh boy, better whip something up for that for him!

No comments: