November 16, 2012

Mercury is definitely in retrograde

This week has definitely been one of ups and downs. Nothing extraordinary or so dramatic that it's life altering. It's just been really busy, and incredibly fraught with a wild ride of emotions. (Yes, I used fraught in a sentence. So what?) In essence, it's been a week of living life. But not necessarily in a way I want it to be lived. I guess endured has more been what it's been like - moving from one thing to the next with no space in-between.

Because work has been pretty intense, leaving me little time to think of anything else even in my dreams. That lack of balance is something I really don't enjoy. Beerman has had after-work stuff that means he's not available to help with the grooming appointments and speech sessions and just taking over because I can't. Not to mention, C-man's been on his own wild ride this week. He's starving hungry again 10 minutes after each meal, and there is absolutely no filling him up. So I am assuming I will need to buy him size 8 pants next week. Plus, he said his whole class has been totally crazy and getting in trouble. Yesterday, he got punched in the chest by, as he describes it, the sweetest kid in the class who still watches Bob the Builder.

Seriously people. Something's up.

Maybe it's Mercury in retrograde that's making everything nuts. Maybe it's the crazy little ions floating about causing the Northern Lights this week. I don't know. But whatever it is, can it PLEASE stop?!

Preferably by 5 p.m. today. Because I am leaving work today to go straight home, crack open a beer, and watch a movie in front of the TV. And tomorrow, we are having friends over for a Friendsgiving type celebration. (Or as I'm certain Beerman thinks of it - time to get rid of last year's giant Christmas ham before the next one shows up at our doorstep and we have to find a place in the freezer for it!) They're the type of friends for whom I will clean the toilets and make things around the house presentable, but don't have to worry if the baseboards aren't dusted. So this should be good.

Because really - screw Mercury. It's Friday.

No comments: