April 19, 2013

At least it's not yesterday

  • Yesterday's sewer pipe backup into our basement was indeed a village malfunction. In the afternoon, I answered a knock at my door expecting to see the Village DPW workers, but saw a local ABC reporter instead. He wanted an interview of me on camera. I was in sweats, and looked like I'd been in my wet, filthy basement while fighting a cold. I declined, but gave him some information they used on the broadcast. Patch is keeping us updated on the complete lack of progress HERE.
  • We laughed at how prepared we are for flooding now. We've been doing laundry of the clothes that were dirty and thrown down the chute to the basement, and will need to do more cleanup and bleaching. But overall, we've protected things enough that they were generally unharmed.
  • C-man has his first judo tournament tomorrow. I really hope he does well - meaning, doesn't take last.
  • I can hear a bit more out of my right ear now, so I think it's improving. Although I'm still putting the drops in it because it hurts. Just not as bad as two days ago, which is progress. But my left one is starting to hurt now.
  • C-man is line leader this week and Star Student next week. When did these things stop becoming such fun?
  • Tonight, I am planning dinner in front of the TV and watching this week's Psych, and I can't wait. I can make it. I can.

No comments: