April 30, 2013

Things

  • I went to the doctor about my ear pain yesterday. Let me rephrase that - I went to my work's Wellness Center. I'm not really sure if they're qualified doctors and am kind of suspect about their true qualifications. Anyhow, she told me there is definitely inflammation in there, but no bulging ear drum. So she gave me Flonase and said she suspects it's allergies. Argh. Back to the chiropractor I go, because at least that takes the pain away temporarily.
  • C-man has a baseball scrimmage tomorrow. I have been so uninvolved in baseball this year, I don't even know any of the new kids! At least there are 16 games to learn them.
  • I have an eye appointment tonight. I'm so glad I'll be able to get new glasses, because I'm so overdue and know my astigmatism has changed. I'm already thinking of my excuse why I can't get my eyes dilated though. I hate when they do that, and because my prescription is so awful, they always insist.
  • C-man finished The One and Only Ivan, and I'm about halfway through. He keeps wanting to discuss the book, and excitedly told me the ending when I picked him up from school. Beerman has decided he does not get the idea of a book club. I love that he's so excited though.
  • My rheumatologist still hasn't called me back about the Orencia. I'm guessing it's an insurance block thing. Annoying, because I'm getting more and more crippled. I'm really hoping this thing works out.
  • Speaking of working out, now that the weather is improving, I am moving more, but need to do a better job at it. Must.Move.More.
  • First Communion is this weekend. While in church on Sunday, C-man was so excited it was his last time not being able to go. Tonight, we pick up his suit. He's thrilled.
  • Last night C-man got his giant Twix bar from Beerman for eating half of an avocado. This was a multi-day event until he finally got the courage to eat it. The way this child psychs himself out of trying new foods amazes me.
  • I have Friday off to clean the house and get ready for the weekend. I cannot wait.

1 comment:

Kim said...

My chiropractor once pulled my ear lobe in the perfect way, I know it sounds strange, I've tried to replicate it but I cannot. I hope your ear feels better.

Have you researched Bikram yoga for you arthritis? I wonder if it would help at all.