April 18, 2013

I've had better days


Last night, I was beating my head against the wall because my ear hurt so bad. This morning, we woke up to discover storm water quickly bubbling into our basement through our drain. It got up to about 5" throughout before it started to drain away. After I called to report it, the Village sent a Police Officer to check on it. I am not totally sure the logic in that, but this is also the same village that sent me my $0.83 tax overpayment in coins. (It cost $0.66 to mail). But there were trucks pumping water into the reservoirs, so my gut tells me something went wrong, because we have never experienced this before and the Village Manager hasn't returned our calls. As Beerman said, just one more thing to be paranoid about.

So now, we are trying to dry things out before we throw things out. Luckily, since we are pros, most things were protected. But it's still a mess. And I am feeling like a cat crawled down my throat and dizzy.

It's safe to say I've had better days.

No comments: