April 25, 2013

This, that, and the other

Central dome in the Sultan Ahmet Mosque - More well known as the Blue Mosque in Istanbul, Turkey
  • I am supposed to have my desperately needed eye appointment tonight. Except I can't go because I have to go all the way to the south side of the county to work on a farm located directly across from the prison. "Volunteering" they call it. Except it doesn't much feel like volunteering when your employer tells you where and when to volunteer, and then runs a report on who is and who is not "volunteering". So I have my sweatshirt and my rain boots and my rock picking hands at the ready. (HA! That last one is funny. My hands hurt so bad, I can barely move them today.)
  • Speaking of hands, my engagement ring prong broke the other day. I took it in to get fixed, and they're going to rebuild all 4 prongs just in case. It feels weird to not be wearing it. I guess that's a good thing.
  • But I'm supposed to have it back before our 12th wedding anniversary. Wow, it doesn't feel like we've been married that long!
  • The weather has been so terrible lately, I think we are going to have to ditch the backyard heated party tent with an outdoor movie idea for C-man's first communion and move things to a restaurant. He isn't very happy about that, but when I told him we could go to the hotel and swim after, it softened the blow a bit.
  • My rheumatologist is going to try me on a new medication - Orencia this time. Funny, because that was my suggestion to him. (Maybe I should get my MD?) Well, as soon as the insurance says they'll cover it.
  • This ear issue is still a problem. Argh. I'm going to the chiropractor tomorrow to see if he can't do something. I really don't want to go on antibiotics, because they always cause such problems.
  • Aren't I just a bowl full of fun today? Holy complaints! Okay, so here's something fun - C-man is reading the book The One and Only Ivan. It got great reviews, and when I picked it up from the library, the guy who checked me out said, "Oooh, that one is fantastic!" C-man is so thoroughly enjoying it so far, he wants Beerman and me to read it, and then have a family book club talk about it along with snacks and hot chocolate. This is the same child who we BEGGED to read earlier in the year who is now organizing house book clubs. I love it.

1 comment:

l'empress said...

I am so pleased that you have a reader. This becomes more and more fun as he gets older. Take my word for it.