May 11, 2013

I would have rubbed some dirt on it


C-man had a baseball game this morning. He has been complaining of his wrist hurting for the past week. Before the game, he was playing catch with Beerman, and they decided it was hurting him too much to play. So resisting my urge to roll my eyes and tell him he just needed to rub some dirt on it, I remembered being put back in a game to play after I broke my own hand at the exact same age "because it was nothing", and was looking at Beerman's look which said, 'This is not going away', we went off to urgi-care. Some x-rays, and I'm sure way too much money later, we confirmed it is sprained. He has no idea where, when or how this happened, but there you have it - one week of rest. But not stress fractured and no problems with the growth plates or anything else. Of course, now I immediately think he has arthritis, too, so my mind is going crazy.

He probably should have just rubbed some dirt on it.

No comments: