May 6, 2013

So it was my birthday


With all the first communion stuff happening this weekend, it was also my birthday. I kind of uneventfully arrived at 37. So after the family left after a nice breakfast, we all looked at one another and started to talk about going geocaching. And then we remembered the Brewers played at 1:10. So I took Harry and C-man to play at the beach while Beerman got us tickets and loaded up the car with C-man's new game of bags.

It was a beautiful, sunny day, and we had lovely tickets. It was too bad the Brewers stunk it up, but there's little I can do about that. (Or is there? It seems my birthday jinxes the Brewers...)

I usually get more philosophical about my birthday than I have this year. I think I've just been too busy lately. Or maybe things have really been so good that I'm not feeling like I need to change a whole lot. Or maybe I've just giving up feeling I can control anything at all anymore! Whatever it is, I kind of like this new laissez-faire attitude I am having. So here's to 37!

1 comment:

l'empress said...

Happy belated birthday. After a while, your perspective changes, except maybe on the tens.

You can laugh. I started thinking about when I was 37 -- the year I got my driver's license.