May 13, 2013

Recapping Mom's Day

C-man is pointing out the magnetic geocache on the electrical box - the silver box hidden in plain sight.

In true Mother's Day fashion, we decided to go geocaching after mass and lunch. (We ate at the crepe place in Cedarburg. They definitely weren't French crepes!)

We found 6 geocaches, although only 5 counted since I'd found one of them already way back when we'd first started geocaching. But that one was in a warm coffee shop, and you had to put a puzzle together to get an answer, and it was a great one for us to do to warm up.

After that, we headed home, had dinner, and held our first family book club where we discussed "The One and Only Ivan". It had some definite emotional parts in it, and both Beerman and I were pretty impressed at the depth to which C-man understood the book and could discuss it. Our next one is scheduled to be on "The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane".

A perfect, perfect way to spend my Sunday.

1 comment:

Kim said...

I love that you have a book club! I'd suggest it here, but I know that the only books we'd get to read are in the Percy Jackson series.