May 24, 2013

Junior Olympics goodness


At the school auction this year, the only thing I won was for C-man to carry the flag at Junior Olympics. Yesterday, he learned he got to pick 3 of his friends to carry it with him. So he picked 2 friends his age and a 7th grade girl. (She's his "buddy" for things and he adores her). It was adorable.


Then the games began. C-man easily won his first 50 m heat.


He had a couple of decent long jumps. (This jump earned him a silver)


But the most coveted competition is the 50 m dash finals. Everyone thought the kid in lane 1 was going to take it all, because he's notoriously fast. But C-man was ahead from the start and kept the lead the whole way. I was totally shocked. He's been telling me he's the fastest kid, but I sort of felt it might have been in the same line of thinking as he totally deserved the school concert solo, if you catch my drift. But he totally won it all.


"I'm so glad the girls were separate from the boys, or Ellie would TOTALLY have beaten me."


To add to the fun, Ireland won the whole Junior Olympics as a team. Fun, fun, fun stuff.

No comments: