May 23, 2013

Thirteen Things I'm Thinking About

  1. Beerman's brewery will be on Jimmy Kimmel tonight, if you're watching.
  2. The billing person from the rheumatic disease place I called to inform me of my upcoming costs of the $1200 infusions I'm going to start having. When I asked how many I needed, she didn't know. When I asked how often they would happen, she didn't know. When I asked how much would be covered by insurance, she didn't know. So why did she call me to go over the upcoming billing? Frustrating.
  3. I had a distance reiki session the other night. I kind of thought it was a bit of hocus pocus, but figured what the heck, and totally trusted the person doing it. I don't think it did much in terms of pain, but there was definitely something going on during. Areas of my body were actually physically hot to the touch. Super weird. I think I will try it again, because it was kind of wild.
  4. I've been looking at places to stay in New York for a family trip with my mom and sisters. I'd forgotten just how overpriced that city is. Seriously people, this isn't Zurich!
  5. I'm not doing the plant sale again next year. Home and School had to cut 6 of its fundraisers, and that was one of them. It's too bad that people didn't support it better, because it was a low-work one in terms of volunteers. But I'm happy I'm ditching a fundraiser from my responsibilities.
  6. I'm going to run the host family program instead. Not that I'm all that shmoozy and welcoming, but it'll be nice to not do something that's looking to raise money for once.
  7. We have been taking nightly walks around the neighborhood. (Well, C-man scoots through the culverts and down ramps, etc.) We'd gotten out of the habit, and everyone enjoys it so, so much. I'm so thankful the weather has become nice enough to bring that fun back again.
  8. C-man's baseball coaches canceled practice again, so he'll go to judo instead. He got scared at Monday night's judo, so getting him back tonight may be a good thing to get him over it. Or, maybe it'll destroy his love for the sport permanently. Who can tell.
  9. I'm wearing squeaky shoes today. They were in my summer shoe bin and I'd forgotten how much I hate them because they squeak. These things are going straight to the garbage can tonight.
  10. Right after I go to Zappos and order some new ones.
  11. I need to get my camera in to get cleaned. It's getting all dust spotty and is irritating me.
  12. I also need new shirts, but I'm having a hard time. I really would like something between "I hope he asks me to prom" and couch upholstery. And it's not been easy. It's made getting dressed in the morning a real event.
  13. Tomorrow is C-man's Junior Olympics. He's carrying the flag (because I bought it at the school auction) and I'm measuring the long jump. Always a good day to not work.

1 comment:

Mary Z said...

I won't be watching Jimmy Kimmel, but I'll record it so we can watch for Beerman. 8^)