May 30, 2013

Thursday Thirteen Trivial Things

  1. I got a new camera lens last night. It's nothing really special, and I went with a non-Nikon lens (my first one), but should fit as a really good all-purpose, any situation lens, which I've been needing. (Yes, needing. You heard me.) Now I shouldn't have to switch lenses all the time.
  2. I'm driving to Stevens Point tomorrow for my nephew's graduation. I'm totally getting a delicious road trip F'real on the way home. C-man's going to be so jealous, because that's our road trip tradition now.
  3. I have now called my rheumatologist's office 4 times with no response on getting the Orencia infusion scheduled. I think it's the lab that is the problem, not my doctor. But I am at hte point where I'm ready to jump ship to another place.
  4. We got C-man's MAP scores in the mail. His reading scores are identical at the end of the year to the beginning. I don't know how that's even possible since he was really struggling at the beginning of the year and isn't at all now. It's making me question the scoring system.
  5. I have been so tired this week. It seems like no matter how long I sleep, it doesn't feel like it's enough. My body is definitely not "right" lately.
  6. Roof ball has become a full-on nightly game at our house. We race to finish dinner to get to the delight that is throwing a kickball on top of the roof and racing to catch it. I love warmer weather.
  7. C-man has 2 weeks of school left. How time flies. I really am looking forward to summer. Because while I still work, and he's off to summer camp, it feels so much more relaxed. No homework to get to, no major overscheduled schedules to meet. Ahhh...
  8. He has no uniform shorts that fit. We agreed he could wear pants for 2 weeks, though. I just can't bear spending money on shorts he'll grow out of before next school year.
  9. My hammock chair is up, and I've spent some decent time in it. I'm hoping to do so again this weekend.
  10. I also hope to get some geocaching done. We haven't done a ton lately, except for a few on Mother's Day, and a whole mess of them have been planted in our area. Could be a fun Sunday if the weather cooperates.
  11. I still have a ton of plants left for the school plant sale. But I put them out as a "donate what you can", so they seem to be going more quickly. I'm going to post a "Free" sign on them for masses this weekend, and hope to never see them again.
  12. I have a massage and facial scheduled this weekend. Sometimes, it's good to be me.
  13. C-man often forgets things. When he forgets his lunch box, he needs to stay in from recess and write us an apology note. The other day he remembered it, and I complimented him. To which he responded, "No, the teacher gave it to me. She said she's given up on the apology note thing working." And there you have it. He's broken the toughest teacher in school.

No comments: