- Beasley's former owner (you know - the one who couldn't give an OES a good life so he was fat and mannerless) texted me this weekend to let me know she got an Old English Sheepdog puppy.
- I don't even know what to say to that, because everything I want to say is quite angry.
- We hosted a party and went to a party this weekend. That was a lot of being social for me.
- The guests of the first party were from the baseball team, and it was enjoyable.
- 6 of the 7 boys (ages 9 - 11) slept over.
- I lost my shit at 2:30 a.m. over the game of tag that was going on.
- So they stopped and instead played 'Who can make the best fart noise?'
- We were worthless on Saturday. But C-man had a fabulous time. So that's something.
- The party we went to on Sunday was with school families. It was nice, and had its moments of hilarity.
- I find that, more often than not, I gravitate toward the men's conversation than the women's. And I wish I didn't, because I always think it's so weird, and would just prefer people mingle together.
- When sitting with the women, I actually found myself in the middle of a long and dramatic story about a mean girl on the Mom's tennis club at the local poshy club.
- And then I heard about a woman's husband who has a thing for Wonder Woman in the bedroom.
- Oy. Oy.
- And then there was debate about whether this country club was worth the money or if they should just drop out.
- Oy. Oy. Oy.
- I sooo prefer to talk about sports and vacations and drink beer.
- But it was fun and the food was great (the party hosts own restaurants, after all), and it was nice to have a fun night. Plus, C-man got to play with a ton of other kids.
- And now, despite prying my eyes open with toothpicks this morning, the week is here.
July 13, 2015
Weekend is all wrapped up
at 8:59 AM