November 1, 2015

Weekend wrap-up


Yesterday was the last game of the football season for C-man. He had a pretty great game. He sacked the quarterback and had two tackles for losses. Unfortunately, it was super cold and rainy, and my camera kept focusing on the rain or getting whipped around in circles when the wind gusts took my umbrella. So this is my best photo of the big sack.


But he had fun, despite the weather being utterly miserable out and him still on antibiotics for a sinus infection.


He got to run the ball a couple of times. It's always great to see the improvement over a sports season. At the beginning, he was completely intimidated about being a back. Yet by the end, he was doing it pretty well. (Despite telling me this morning, when they call his play, all he can hear is the thump-thump of his heart until the handoff)


It was another great season, for both my boys. So great, in fact, he's now talking about the public high school as a possible option for him. (His team is the public high school feeder team, even though he's in a Catholic school.)


As for Halloween, I didn't take a single photo of it. We were too cold and wet and drying off between game time and a friend's party. The party where C-man got to trick or treat at night with his football team friends without parents walking alongside them - a first, and a really big deal. (The parents were too busy back at the house with drinks and food.) And I, shockingly, didn't even bother with the camera. I'm feeling completely awful, and it was all I could do just to make it through the party without bailing super early like a giant party pooper. Oh well. C-man wore lounge pants and a robe. I was a gnome. Beerman was a Dutch time traveler. (Don't ask)

And now, Go Pack Go!

No comments: