November 20, 2008

Blasts from the Past

Maybe it's that the holiday season nearing. Maybe it's the fact that I have a blog and a website and leave my real name on anything I sign online and therefore am incredibly easy to find if someone is at all curious. Or maybe I'm just that unforgettable. (I'm voting for that one, by the way.) But in the past week, four, yes FOUR blasts from the past have appeared out of nowhere from different points in my life. And I love it. I think it's great hearing where people are now... the marriages, babies, moves, jobs, vacations. I love thinking about where I was back then when they were in my life. And I love thinking about where I am now as a result of it all. Sure, it'd be fun to dive back in time for a day or twelve. Who doesn't want to be young and careless, even for the briefest of moments, again? But to go back and actually live in those days... Those anxious days of not knowing what was ahead... Will I finally fall in love? Will I ever have money? Will I find a job I like instead of dread? Will I ever find that happy, satisfied place in my life everyone looks for? Will I find a perfect pair of jeans that make my ass look cute? I'm thankful for the goods and the bads and wouldn't change any most of them. In the meantime, I'll embrace and hold on to those in my past who show up again to remind me of just where I'm still heading. And after all, it's a whole lot of fun reminiscing about crazy days of yore with those who were there alongside me.

No comments: