November 12, 2008

Dog Tired

Everyone has been working, well, like dogs around our house lately. Well, except for Harry who actually is a dog. He just gets his daily dogwalk while poor Riley has to wait behind because he still isn't walking so great. As soon as Rusty sits down Harry pounces on him like he is his own personal dog massager. But 9 p.m. seems to be as late as anyone can handle these days.

But the good news is that the roof work is progressing nicely. (Sorry, cellphone photo and it was dark when I left this morning). Hopefully the rain stays away long enough to get this project done.

***********

In Riley news, his bisphosphonate treatment last week seemed to help a bit, but not to the success we wanted. So, I'm taking Friday off to truck him to Aurora, Illinois for a radiation treatment. (I live in a city of 1.5 million and there is no friggin' radiation facility here. So frustrating!) His oncologist said that we'd know after the first treatment what effect it would have, if at all. I figured with that response verification, I'd try it out before going ahead with an amputation. I'm really not optimistic about the radiation. The cancer just seems to be moving so quickly. But, I'll try it and see.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure where you are exactly, but we took our dog to Madison for radition. She boarded there M-F for two weeks and came home on the weekend. It was tough being away from her, but there was no way I could take her to and from Madison every day for two weeks. :-(

The roof is looking great!