November 17, 2008

A little bit overwhelmed

I'm pretty good in the midst of a crisis or chaotic event. But after? Forget it, I'm a total mess. I think my natural reaction is to go in and then stay in a complete state of denial until I don't need it anymore, and then all hell breaks loose. And I think all hell is on the verge of breaking loose. The roof is on. Riley's radiation appointments are set and my vacation days are taken for them. The laundry and dishes are clean (well, mostly). The fridge is full. And here come the holidays... And the request for gift ideas. And the endless stream of bills to pay for the last couple of weeks and upcoming months. And work projects to get done in record time. And appointments to be made and somehow kept when my vacation is going toward doggie radiation. And white day and pajama day and crazy hair day and spirit day and snack day and chapel money day to remember. And... I could go on and on and on but it stresses me out even more. The last couple of nights I've woken up with such heartburn I couldn't sleep. And since I'm usually not a heartburn kind of girl, I think my body has been telling me what my mind has been refusing to figure out - I'm getting pretty wigged out. Deep breaths...

No comments: