November 6, 2008

Raising the Roof, well, sort-of

The roof work has begun. At least the tearing things off it and putting on "headers" has begun. (Apparently those are so our windows don't break. Which is something I would really appreciate not happening, so "header" away!) Last night they said they'd be inside in "45 minutes" to eat dinner. An hour and a half later, I had to go out and ask how many "45 minutes" they meant. It's supposed to rain this afternoon. How miserable. I hope it holds off for them. Harry, who hates thunderstorms, has been shaking in the corner since they started the incessant pounding. He must think it's one big can of whoopass from God. At least he's found a bit of refuge in the basement. Which is where the only real guest bed is. I ordered a fabulous pillow-top mattress and frame from Sears which got delivered yesterday. Yup, forgot the boxspring. So, we have a mattress on the floor. Ahhh, sometimes I'm so frickin' brilliant, I amaze myself. ************* Riley still won't put weight on his leg. The vet said wait a week. I'm not very optimistic, though. He's totally in love with all the extra attention he's getting from the houseguests though. He was even sassy enough this morning to give Harry a big thump. So we've got that going for us. ************* In case you haven't gotten over your political junkie needs... I find Newsweek to usually be a pretty biased pain, but this is a fun little read: http://www.newsweek.com/id/167581

No comments: