November 29, 2008

Holiday spirit is starting to creep in

I've been a total grinch this year. Some have called me Scrooge. (But that's totally wrong. If I were Scrooge, I'd actually have some money left. So Grinch it is.) I always have a hard time this time of year. Add in the constant low pressure on my body, Beerman's constant travel/stress, and the whole Riley sadness, and considering I don't start from the height of optimism anyway, I haven't been in the best of spirits. I told Beerman it was his job to start decorating the house while I worked. It wasn't until we started to examine what we had to put up that I realized all over again just how much we'd lost in the June floods. Even the angel for the top. So, off I went to Steins to stock up on ornaments and a new tree topper - a star, according to C-man's instructions. And in that hour of shopping and way too much spending and singing along with the bad Christmas music piped in overhead, I started to feel a little happier about the holidays.

No comments: