April 16, 2009

Craziness

In life there are calm times and there are tumultuous crazy times. And I'm not sure if this falls into the latter category, but I do know that lately things certainly haven't been calm. Work is getting crazy. Well, work has been totally crazy, but when I look into my crystal ball, it looks even crazier. (Seriously, I'm not talking about an actual crystal ball, because THAT would be the real kind of crazy. I'm just picking up from hints and conversations that some major things in my job are going to get up-ended really soon, and I'm not sure how I feel about it all.) And let's be honest - I'm working out like a madwoman at 5:30 every morning. That's friggin' crazy! The good news is that I can hardly believe it, but besides feeling better, I'm finding I just have a whole better outlook on things. I'm starting to feel like my old self again instead of a whiney, pained, exhuasted, chubby shell. (Okay, I'm still whiney) But add in coordinating having to get a babysitter to come at 5 a.m. and organizing our whole lives by myself (remember to take 7 raisins to school, or it's teddy bear day, or return the library book, is it a hot lunch or cold lunch day, how long have those dishes been in the dishwasher?) has added a whole other element of craziness I'm trying not to think about or I'll get really overwhelmed. Anyhow, I'm feeling like things have gotten a bit crazy for me lately. (I mean, the only way I know what state/country my husband is in is by following my blog stats!) And the thing is, I'm not sure they're going to let up anytime soon, so I need to figure out a way to find some calm in all of this. So far, not thinking about it has worked. I'm just not sure how far that's going to take me. Maybe I need a wife.

No comments: