April 14, 2009

Incredible Shrinking Me!

I'm going to brag a little. If you don't like that, discontinue reading. But it's my blog, so I can write what I want to... I once was a perfect size. Then I got a little older and a little chubbier. So I bought a bigger size. Then I got depressed because of my arthritis diagnosis, slowed down because it hurt like hell to do anything, and got incredibly lazy because pain + more weight made things really sucky so I got even more depressed and inflamed and exhausted. And I was no longer chubby. I was fat. So I had to buy an even BIGGER size. And that depressed me even more. (You get the picture.) This past weekend was Associate shopping days (35% off), so I grabbed a pair of pants in a size lower than the ones I was wearing that were giving me dumpy butt. Of course, I didn't try them on, because I just don't do that. So I put them on today. And they happily they fit with a little extra room, despite being a smaller size. Imagine my pleasure when I got to work, a co-worker who is also very honest looked with me said, "I thought you were going to buy the smaller size." HA! I think I am going to go see if I fit into my old "perfect" size again over lunch.

1 comment:

Indigo said...

Congratulations!!! I'm so proud of you!!!