December 16, 2009

Christmas Concert Recap

Last night was C-man's Christmas concert. On the first calendar we got and I promptly hung on the fridge, it was listed as December 11th. No problem, right? Wrong. All subsequent calendars had it as December 15th. Something I didn't realize until AFTER I'd booked a work trip to Virginia. The concert started at 6:30. My flight landed at 6:30, about 18 miles away from the school. But thankfully, it was a relatively empty plane, I didn't check any luggage, and there were no cops to catch me speeding, passing cars at a gazillion miles an hour up the interstate to make it just in the nick of time to see him walk in to sing the Joy to the World finale. This is my best shot of the concert. The church was PACKED, and everyone was jockeying for position to get a video or photo of their kid. Regardless, I was all teary, and it had nothing to do with the concrete corner of baptismal font I was precariously perched upon in order to see him. What a difference a year can make. Last year he was quite literally, rolling around on the stage. This year he stood and sang, as proud as can be, remembering nearly all of the words.

1 comment:

Indigo said...

I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only mom who gets all teary eyed at their kid's concert. I bawl like a baby.