December 4, 2009

Ever feel like the world is out to get you?

Yeah, today's definitely one of those days. Let me start by setting the scene... I woke up with a headache. And since it's been snowing, to say my body is inflamed might be an understatement. And I needed to get to work early. Okay, scene set? Then let's begin with my day before 8 a.m. C-man has 6 long-sleeved uniform shirts. I'm missing 3 of them. Where in the hell would 3 uniform shirts go?!? To compensate, I'm doing wash twice a week until I can find the damn things, because they're not cheap. And I'm not buying 3 more shirts he'll grow out of next week just because they got shoved somewhere else. Beerman was, for some bizarre unknown reason, frying bacon this morning. The guy rarely even eats breakfast, let alone cooks something for it. As I was lugging the laundry (with the 3 clean uniform shirts) upstairs (and swearing every second of it) and starting to fold it, I realized the kitchen was smokey and gross. And Beerman was in the bedroom. I looked up to see some black bacon frying away on the stove. Which would be minor in the scheme of life if my hair didn't now completely stink like bacon grease. I almost want to vomit because I can't get away from the smell. At least C-man still ate it happily. On my way back into the kitchen from putting C-man's laundry (2 clean uniform shirts) away and laying out his uniform of the day, the doorframe literally fell on my head. True story. Even the damn door is out to get me. Because I was running behind and didn't have time to make my own, I stopped for coffee. No cran-orange muffin, which is the only one I like. Damn, damn, damnit! Seriously, this day is sucking bacon grease. **************************************** Oh yeah, I need to do my Grateful D. So today's D is Doctor's Park. It's a gorgeous park right on Lake Michigan, and is 1 mile from my house exactly, and where we've had some fabulous fun. It's great for the photo ops, The beach is pristine, It's always a good time as a family, A gorgeous setting for our family photos, And someplace Harry can run without getting totally piggy like he does at the dogpark.

2 comments:

Tessa said...

I really love the family beach pic on this post... did you have a friend take it or did you set up a tripod??

Tessa said...

whoops! bi the way.. I'm Mingling!!
Have a geat harassment free weekend!!!