December 7, 2009

Today's gratefulness is brought to you by the letter G

And today's G is for Geocaching. A couple of years ago, I was intrigued by the local weatherman talking about geocaching, a high-tech treasure hunt in the woods. It combined all my favorite things - searching for a puzzle's answer, using a GPS, being outside in the woods, and being with my family. So I thought I'd give it a shot. 2 GPS upgrades, 126 finds in 2 countries, and roping in several people to the game in the process, and I'm officially hooked. I'm grateful for it because it's entertaining, simple, and so much fun for all of us in the family. We've found parks and 3 hole golf courses and beaches we didn't even know were there. It's been completely eye opening. And really, how else would we have found Galileo's boyhood home, randomly on one of the steepest Florentine streets imaginable?

No comments: