December 21, 2009

Zymurgy

Zymurgy the branch of applied chemistry dealing with fermentation, as in winemaking, brewing, the preparation of yeast, etc. Once upon a time, I said I'd get married when I found someone who gave me free Honey Weiss. Enter Beerman into my life. How could I refuse the freshly born, unlimited supply that showed up at my door? Then I started to get my masters degree. In an Instructional Design class, I got an A in because I learned how to make beer for, and then went on to teach others how to do it too. I got an A in the class I designed and then taught people how to make and properly taste wine. And then I went on to design and deliver the how to pair wines with food course. And those experiences gave me the contact who hooked me up with my current job that I really like. Zymurgy has paid for half of everything we do, and for that I'm grateful. Plus, it creates some pretty tasty stuff. Zymurgy. It's a good thing.

2 comments:

Indigo said...

Okay, you did not disclose ANY of that knowledge at wine club....

kathi said...

:: belated mingle ::

What a wonderful life it must be where so many good things start with Honey Weiss!