March 27, 2010

Faith

So on this morning's dog walk, I had to tell C-man that the 8th grader from his school had died and wasn't coming back to school.  (He'd been on life support until they could confirm that there was no brain activity)  C-man knew about the situation, as they'd been talking about it in school.  And I have to say, I have been so impressed with how the school has handled it; straightforward and honest, but totally age-appropriate.  They've been informing the parents in the same way, which has been extremely helpful.

But you can still imagine my surprise when the first thing out of his mouth after I told him was, "Can we go to church tomorrow? I think we should pray for him."  This child is 5.  And going to church on a Sunday morning instead of playing with his friends is never a top priority.  It's so nice to know that he feels comfortable enough with faith to find some comfort in it already.

No comments: