March 22, 2010

Where's that corner so I can turn it?

My back has been hurting. And when I say it's been hurting, I don't mean it's achy. I mean I can't stand for more than 10 minutes without tears coming to my eyes. And it's been this way for a week. I can't run or bike. Hell, I can't even walk. Poor Harry totally got the shaft at the park yesterday, because it was so muddy, I couldn't manage the uneven walk across the field to sit on the oft-peed-upon bench. (At least Beerman took him and C-man out for a long park walk later on) I went to the gym yesterday and caught a yoga class. Normally, it would have annoyed me beyond belief because the class was so remedial, but yesterday, it was about all I could take. I took C-man to the golf course yesterday, and sat directly on the cold ground because I couldn't stand upright. Anything I need to get done needs to get done in the morning, because by noon, I'm absolute toast. The only good news in all of this is it has been a lot of pain, but no significant swelling that usually accompanies it.
I went to the chiropractor on Friday, and am headed back over lunch today. I'm taking pain killers I've been told to stop taking, spraying homeopathic stuff under my tongue, and heating/icing it... and it's still no better. All I want to do is lay down and cry.
Ladies and gentlemen, this is the face of arthritis. And I'm here to tell you, it really, really sucks.

2 comments:

Indigo said...

Arthritis sounds so incredibly painful, I can't believe that there isn't a safe medication that will help.

Lindy said...

I have issues with my back but no where near the level of pain you are suffering. I have had very good results with acupuncture, administered by an M.D. If you are interested, I am providing a link for more info. Once on the website, there is another link to locate M.D.s in your state who perform acupuncture.

http://www.medicalacupuncture.org/

I wish you relief soon.