March 8, 2010

Happy routines

Monday mornings are filled with routines. Get up, make breakfast, listen to C-man grumble about eating his "HORRIBLE" omega vitamin, sing a funny version of Postman Pat's theme song (usually involves Pat eating Jess the cat), get dressed, brush teeth, grumble about getting all the winter gear on, and go wait for the bus. And then the bus turns down the street, at which point C-man shouts, "BUS!" and turns to hug me and then hug his dad before racing out to the bus with its door open and waiting.
In spite of all the grumbling and whining that happens every morning, I wouldn't change it for the world. Because I don't think we have those many days left of him being willing to hug us in front of his classmates. So as long as we've got them, I'm going to be happy about them.

1 comment:

Indigo said...

Yeah, I'm thinking that day is coming with the PDAs. It might happen sooner with boys though.