March 18, 2010

Maybe I should just rename this blog "Bulletville"

  • In the last 2 days, I was in 4 states and the District of Columbia.
  • I had lunch in Leesburg, Virginia yesterday. Cute little town full of nice Southerners and civil war history.
  • I'm always amazed at how sweet people in Virginia are (at least to your face). Is it genetic? Is there a school for niceness you have to attend?
  • I spent yesterday afternoon in Bethesda just to kill some time. Nice place, that Bethesda.
  • I picked up the book Dog On It while in Bethesda. I'm half-way through it, and finding it hilarious. It's written from the perspective of the dog. I love that.
  • Flying really messes with my body. One trip down, two more to go. One fewer than I thought though, since I'm scrapping the Kansas City trip, which is a positive thing.
  • I caught a part of the show The Doctors the other day. There's a rumor that if you sleep with a bar of soap it'll take pain/cramps away.
  • Last night, I slept with a bar of rosemary mint soap. My hip still hurts, but I seem to, for some odd reason, be craving lamb.
  • Marquette plays Washington at 6:20 p.m. Marquette Standard Time today. If you call, I won't answer. Don't take it personally. There are just some things more important than you.
  • C-man was sick while I was gone. He threw up in his bed in the middle of the night on Tuesday, so Beerman had him come sleep with him, thereby getting no sleep himself.
  • Beerman still sent him to school yesterday morning, since he thought he was okay. He got sent home by 2 p.m.
  • When I got home, C-man proudly proclaimed "I threw up all over my bed. And then I got to sleep with Daddy and threw up on your bed too, right under the pillow where I like to sleep."
  • Beerman stood up and raced into the bedroom to strip the sheets. The under the pillow barf was apparently news to him. Yuk.
  • C-man went to school again today. He doesn't have a huge appetite, but has no fever and no barfs (under the pillow or otherwise). Plus, he's going to see the Fiddler on the Roof today and didn't want to miss it.
  • What are the chances we're going to win Worst Parents award?
  • We're taking C-man and the neighbor kid to Five Guys and the Wave game this Saturday to celebrate his birthday. I got his name put on the jumbo-tron. He's going to love that.
  • Which reminds me, I still need to order a birthday cake!
  • And how in the hell do I have a 5 year old, anyway? Aren't I still 23?!

3 comments:

Indigo said...

-There's nothing wrong with blogging in bullets.
-I was born in Virginia, does that answer your question about the genetics and the sweetness? ;)
-I'd like to read that dog book if you don't mind.
-Puke on your bed? EWWWWWWWWWWW.
-Happy Birthday to C-Man!
-You are going to score HUGE points with the jumbo-tron. My kid's bday is April 7th; yesterday I bought the $3.17 tickets to the Brewers game for that day because REALLY REALLY wants her name on the jumbo-tron.

jon said...

Davy Crockett died. OH NO!!!!

Kwizgiver said...

Sounds like quite a whirlwind trip! Hope C-man is feeling much better and enjoyed Fiddler. Happy Birthday to him!

I LOVED Dog On It, and can't wait for the next installment to come out in paperback.

::mingle::