March 19, 2010

Pulling it together

I've got to get the kid's birthday festivities pulled together, when all I want to do is crawl back into bed and wake up when it stops hurting. I've even resorted to using IcyHot just to help ease a wee little bit of the pain. It hasn't worked. It has, however, sparked some interesting conversations about what that smell reminds us all of... root beer for C-man, wrestling practice for Beerman, and the old lady with the nice mink we used to sit by at 9:30 St. Vincent de Paul mass when I was a kid. But I digress. I can barely stand up. And I was getting all worried about the kid's birthday, until he excitedly told me this morning, "Mom, did you know the Amazing Race is on during my birthday?" If that's what it takes, then bless it. Maybe I'll go wild and get an earlier season's DVD and let him watch the whole thing in one sitting with a big bowl of Cheetos. Wow, I'm a crappy mom.

No comments: