July 11, 2011

And then it was done

What started with winter hats and gloves and strikeouts ended in sweat running down the middle of your back heat and double plays. Despite that, as expected, the Yankees fell swiftly to the Indians yesterday, officially ending their season. And yet, it was truly the sweetest little team I've ever seen, wearing their rally caps when they were down by 14 runs thinking they could actually make a comeback. Which is why it is really so sad to see it go. The good news is only 2 kids age out to the next league next year, so they'll all be back together again and a true force to be reckoned with. On the way out of the game, the kids were already planning their first post-season pickup game at the park.

I, of course, took too many photos throughout the year. About midway through the year, I decided I should get photos of EVERYTHING and put it into a montage for everyone. I thought it was a really good idea, but then true to form, second and triple and quadruple guessed myself. I changed the photos around more than I want to admit, and finally just had to hit publish, even though it's killing me that there are several things that could  be changed or added. But C-man has one of his deepest desires fulfilled now - to be a star on youtube. And the reaction from the parents has been really supportive. So feel free to enjoy the entire 16 game Yankees season in a mere 3:34 seconds. Winter hats and gloves are optional.

2 comments:

jon said...

A cool bunch of kids.
They will be a force next year.

Rogers5 said...

Very cute makes me a little sad that we are past that age. Reminds me of Kenny Rogers "I am the greatest"i