July 18, 2011

Summer loving

I just can't get enough of the summer sun. My heels are so scratchy, I'm offending myself. Apparently I've been going barefoot or in flip flops too much. But I can't be bothered to stop long enough to get a pedicure, because who wants to sit in a stinky nail salon when it's hot and sunny out?

I've also been trying to maximize working from home as often as possible. That way I can let C-man stay up a little later at night and sleep in a little later in the morning. Camp doesn't officially start until 9 a.m. anyway, so that has made everything a little slower paced and more relaxed.

We've been taking daily bike rides around the neighborhood, and C-man continues to improve his bike riding skills. (Now if only he could improve his getting started on his own skills, but that is sure to come, too.) We ride to friends' houses when they want to play. We ride to Baskin-Robbins when we need a treat. We ride around neighborhoods passing friends' houses. It's also had an added bonus of helping me with the arthritis heat-induced swelling that tends to happen. I took my old bike in for a tune-up, and as I was there, I started to drool over the new bikes. Since I like biking so much again, maybe for my birthday next year...

It almost makes leaving for 2 weeks hard. Almost. Except C-man is counting down the days until Camp Grandma and Grandpa. And I can hardly stand to think about our upcoming trip. Ahhh, I am loving this summer now that it's finally here!

And because I'm shameless, Harry's famous today. Click here to see how.

1 comment:

jon said...

Could I have Harry's autograph?