July 25, 2011

Let the countdown begin

It's now down to 6 days before I'm on an 18 hour flight to the Northeastern Hemisphere. A new continent to check off the list. Whoot! We still need a place to stay in Tokyo. And a way to get there, for that matter. I was in the process of booking a highly recommended place when they asked me how many mats we required. Um, mats? Yes, mats. Not futons, but mats. At a cost of $200 per person per night, I'm going to need a bit more than a bamboo mat, thankyouverymuch. So I'm still on the hunt. It's hard to know where to even stay in Tokyo. At that point in the trip, are we going to want a quiet residential area or to be right downtown in the glitz and neon? So many decisions, so little time.

Normally, I'd have it all done by now, but this past week, I've been feeling all dizzy and passy-outy. And then some medical test results came back wonky with little in the way of any obvious explanation, so I've been trying to drink Gatorade and lay low until the doctors can figure something out. The doctor wants me to wear a heart monitor, but I don't really have time for that nonsense right now. Maybe after I'm back from our trip I can deal with this. Because my Web MD and I are quite sure that's not the problem anyway.

But my clothes are packed, the lists are made, the mail and paper held, the fish feeding arranged, house cleaners called off (I forgot that one while in New Mexico!), 3 August wedding and 2 birthday presents sent, C-man and Harry's stuff set aside, the laundry is done, camera lens rented, and the passports are still valid.Whew!

No comments: