July 15, 2011

Priorities

I have no idea what I'm doing while in Japan for 10 days. We have no idea how we're getting from Nara to Tokyo, where we fly out from to come home. But I do have brand new shoes ordered. If there's one thing I've learned while traveling, it's to have brand new, smelly-free, comfortable shoes that can be dressy or casual to take on the trip. I've also learned they can't be super expensive shoes, because after walking umpteen miles in them day after day, they just might end up in a train station dumpster minutes before leaving the country for good due to their ultimate stinkiness.

I am still on the hunt for a couple of cute, all-purpose skirts. Beerman has already warned me that we need to pack light, and skirts are always a good all-purpose way of doing that. Plus, I'd feel kind of weird strolling into a 4000 year old temple with a tank top and shorts.

In other important priorities, I've already pre-scheduled holds on our mail and newspaper.

I swear, I feel like a Kentucky Derby horse that just got shut into the gates. Let me out! I've got running to do!


And just because it's a great quote that I think about every Friday:

1 comment:

jon said...

Geocaching in Nara?

Your first japanese language lesson is now.

http://www.japaneselifestyle.com.au/japanese_language/in_japanese.php?phrase_id=25

benjo is the toilet.

PRIORITIES!!!!!!