July 7, 2011

Thursday Thirteen Random Things

  1. Our geocache was stolen. Well, not all of it. Just the container. All of the insides were left in a neat little pile in the log. Seriously, who needs a giant ammo box with geocaching stickers on it? A-holes.
  2. It seems we're moving our trip to Brazil to Easter break. September is too early and October just doesn't work, which leaves November. The road into Pantanal washes out sometime in November, and to be sure to get in, we'd have to fly in a Cessna the last leg. Beerman doesn't think C-man would do very well in the Cessna. (Who are we kidding? I wouldn't do very well in a Cessna.) Plus, it's an extra $1000 that way.
  3. So instead, I think I'm going to tag along with Beerman to Japan in August. He has to go there for work for a week. So while not ideal, it's still a free hotel in Japan while I tour around. And I'll see him at night that first week. It could still not happen, but it's looking better every day.
  4. I've been losing some matches in Words With Friends (online Scrabble) lately. I can't decide if it's been unlucky with the letters I've been getting, I've gotten dumber lately, or people who are good have been requesting rematches. Maybe all of the above. But I'm kind of not into all this losing.
  5. Speaking of losing, C-man has his first baseball tournament game tonight. The team they're playing is pretty big. And they're pretty little. It's a double-elimination tournament. It'll be sad to see it all end, he loves it so much.
  6. C-man begged us to go to Summerfest. So we finally gave in and went last weekend. He lasted 2 hours and was done with it. Thank God, because I really don't like that festival.
  7. The Fest IPA is one of Beerman's brews, so he was happy to go there and see the signs and have one. I kind of thought it odd that he created the beer and then had to actually buy it, but what do I know.
  8. I'm going to Summerfest today for a work outing. Oh goodie.
  9. I'm working on making a slide show of C-man's baseball team. It's a lot harder than I thought it'd be. Partly, because there's a lot of organization and making sure each kid is featured the same amount of times. But also because a few kids are so bad, it's hard to get a good shot of them not doing something wrong. So far, so good though.
  10. Hopefully other people actually like the video and don't think it's lame. I thought it was a great idea, and am now second-guessing myself. I tend to do that.
  11. I wanted to play hookey with C-man and go do something fun together. He said he'd rather go to summer camp. So much for that idea.
  12. C-man has been getting tennis lessons at summer camp. He's loving it. Maybe after baseball, I can sign him up for some lessons. It's a good skill to have, after all.
  13. I know this has been a short week, but I'm exhausted. Come on, Friday!

1 comment:

jon said...

somebody stole your cache. That has to be annoying.

Most of the caches we put out are pretty close to home.
7 of them. 5 are within quick walking distance. The other two are 1 mile and 9 miles away. We check on them every chance we get. We just put a new log in 3 of them.

It is almost as much fun placing them as finding them.

I hope your little guy does well with his baseball game.