July 14, 2011

Thursday Thirteen Cool Things

  1. My work trip to Baltimore got canceled the night before I was to leave. Awesome!
  2. I have a flight to Japan booked for July 31st. Boo-ya! It's official. I'm turning Japanese, I'm turning Japanese, I really think so.
  3. We're staying the first half of our trip in Nara, which is the origin of the ninja. How cool is that? (C-man desperately wants us to bring him ninja stuff back. We'll see what ninja stuff is 6 year old and TSA appropriate.)
  4. Angry Birds Rio released another new level. I love that app.
  5. C-man and I took the day off yesterday and went to the zoo. Well, he took a half-day off. He didn't want to miss afternoon summer camp. (Wicked good summer camp, when you consider THAT!) He got a dog tag, a moldarama, a squished penny, and a giant cookie in his lunch. (Beerman's response was, "Just wait until it's MY turn to play hookey!")
  6. I "painted" my nails with nail strip stickers yesterday. Some moms on C-man's baseball team were talking about having done it, and I wanted to check it out. I didn't go pink camo, but it was still easy and fun.
  7. Today is Bastille Day. Not that I'm going to the festival. Or French. Or even like French stuff all that much. But it's still fun to say.
  8. Our driveway finally got re-sealed yesterday. The on again off again rain had been preventing it from happening. It looks a thousand times better now.
  9. The little slide/video I made of C-man's baseball team has over 200 hits. There are 12 players on the team. And it's an unlisted video. So either some kids have watched themselves a few times, or it's gotten sent out to family members. Either way, very fun.
  10. We saw Cars 2 this past weekend. Not the best movie I've ever seen, but fun nonetheless.
  11. I got a new box for our ransacked geocache and filled it up with loot. I'm going to re-plant it today for new finders.
  12. My schedule was cleared because I was supposed to be in Baltimore, so my days have been swe-eet!
  13. The sun is shining and summer is in full swing. I can't tell you how happy that makes me feel every single day I wake up.

No comments: