July 29, 2011

Blooms and Bullets

  • The heat and the rain have caused the gardens to explode in color. It makes me immensely happy to watch the explosion happen overnight.
  • We had a woman on a Vespa stop at the house the other day and ask about our gardens, particularly the espalier apple trees. It's a nice feeling that after all these years living in the house, that it's looking less like a dump.
  • I got the front lawn mowed yesterday in between rain bursts. So at least it'll only get 2 weeks of growth, not 4!
  • I got my Nikon 10-24 mm camera lens yesterday. (Rented for the vacation, not purchased)  I'm so excited to use that bad boy again.
  • I've been declining my Words with Friends game invites because I don't think I'll be able to play while I'm gone. I'm already showing signs of withdrawal.
  • Today is C-man's last day of summer camp. He's so sad that it's done and said this morning that he can't wait until he can go again. That has been one good summer camp.
  • Until yesterday, C-man was convinced he was going to Florida to see Grandma and Grandpa. I have no idea how he got that idea. Maybe because they used to winter in Florida and we were talking about him going to Winter? (Winter, Wisconsin) Maybe because his neighbor is going to Florida with his Grandma, and he thought he was doing it too? He's still excited to go, even though it doesn't include a trip to Disneyworld.
  • Only 2 more days until our interminably long flight. Sweet!

No comments: