July 12, 2011

Another blog by bullets

 
  • 23andMe added 7 new tests to its panel of genetic tests. According to the newly identified markers, I have a 12 x greater chance for Parkinsons. I've gotta say, I'm fairly disturbed by that news, because the other stuff they've reported has been pretty much spot on.
  • I'm actually going to Japan. We're just finalizing the coming home date now, which is exciting.
  • But not before I head to Baltimore this week. Because after all, nothing says good times like sweltering Baltimore in July.
  • I voted this morning. I was #60. Part of me understands that all this putting fake Democrats in to create a primary is a valid and legally available strategy. But really, what a waste of time and money. (Click here if you don't know what I'm talking about.)
  • Yesterday, I went to the grocery store on my way home. Beerman went grocery shopping during his lunch. Anyone interested in 4 pounds of cherries? How about 6 pounds of strawberries?
  • Thankfully, Beerman was planning on making more fruit leather for C-man. He just hadn't planned on doing it all last night! But since it wouldn't fit in the fridge, the dehydrator was busted out and the fruit leather assembly line began.
  • You know how people say if your kid won't eat something to wait, because he'll eventually get hungry enough. Yeah. Not so much. C-man can't have nuts in his lunches at this camp, so we packed ham. The ham came home. We packed jelly sandwiches. They came home too. The only thing he'll eat is cheese or crackers and we stopped packing them so he'd eat something else. It all comes home untouched, and he arrives home starving and ornery. Stubborn little sucker.
  • C-man and I are talking about taking a random day off next week and take the train to Chicago. He's always wanted to ride a train, and as his cousin cutely said, "I need a little C-man".

3 comments:

Kim said...

The food coming home in the lunchbox drives me crazy!!!! Ugh.

jon said...

I enjoy your bullet blogs.

kinishi wa, Jennifersan!!!!

Mary said...

You know who else lives in. Chicago right near the train station and would love to see you both?