July 20, 2011

Making plans

I am counting down the days until we fly out to Japan. We have a sketch of a plan: 4 days in Nara, 2-3 in Kyoto and 3-4 in Tokyo. I'm planning on heading to the floating gate (My Nikon 10-24 mm camera lens is already rented) on my own one of the Nara days while Beerman works, which means I have to switch trains in Hiroshima. There isn't much there to see in Hiroshima, because, well, there's truly nothing left of the place from pre-WWII. But since I have to go through it, I plan on stopping and seeing the memorial. (Apparently I'm big on the death tour when I travel?) Our hotel is booked in Kyoto, which is nice. I have to figure out a place to stay in Tokyo now. From preliminary investigations, I think that Tokyo might be the more expensive leg of the trip. I was kind of hoping to see some sumo while there, but sumo competes every other month. And alas, August is a non-sumo wrestling month. Bummer. I think my wardrobe is set, though, thanks to Zappos and its deliveries of happiness. Packing for C-man and Harry to stay at Grandma and Grandpa's might be the bigger chore now. But I have lists made. I always have lists made.

Ahhh... I'm getting excited...

2 comments:

Mary Z said...

What a great-sounding trip! And terrific plan to rent a camera rather than lug the camera bag on the plane.

Bev Sykes said...

Have a great trip! I'll be looking forward to trip stories.