April 15, 2012

Because all things do come to an end

Our Spring Break 3-day getaway to the Mall of America in Minneapolis was a good time. We bought Legos, built a bear, visited an aquarium, got some new Crocs, found a new Avengers hoodie, bought some perfume, and swam with some cousins. I wasn't all that impressed with the mall itself. Partly because I'm not really much of a shopper, but also because it's just filled with chain stores I can go to 2 miles from my home. Beerman didn't like that there wasn't even a single cooking store in the whole thing. We did eat at Rainforest Cafe one night, which is kitchy, but fun. But the drive is about as boring as it gets. And if I'm not the worst car rider in the world, I'm definitely a strong contender.

On the way home, we saw Nana and Grandpa for a few hours, which was great, too.
Overall, while it wasn't camping with llamas like last year, it was really nice to get away as the 3 of us and see some family, too.

And now, we're working on getting back into the swing of it for tomorrow and hoping to avoid some of the nasty weather headed our way. Ick.
I know we need new windows and a new car this year. But next year, we're going somewhere really good again.

No comments: